007 celebrates half-century
Most of the fun is happening overseas (or at least very far from our southwestern neck of the woods) and includes the following events:
- The release of the new James Bond documentary film, Everything Or Nothing: The Untold Story Of Bond (United Kingdom).
- A 007 film retrospective at the Museum of Modern Art (New York).
- Music of Bond Night hosted by the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences (Los Angeles).
- Christie’s auction of James Bond memorabilia (United Kingdom).
- Random Bond-themed ‘Casual Fridays,’ where people will turn up to work dressed in gowns and tuxedos.
- Pre-sale tickets for the new Bond film Skyfall will be available at most theaters.
- While at work on Friday, have fun calling your boss “M” all day – don’t worry, he/she will love it! And don’t forget his/her secretary, Miss Moneypenny.
- Make-up fun Bond-Girl names for all of your female co-workers. (Use extreme caution in sharing these names with them though – or you’ll be paying a visit to the little known MI6 department called “HR.”)
- Add your last name to the front of your full name on your ID badge.
- Head over to the local Aston Martin dealership and ask to test drive the newest model.
- Spend your day at work humming the famous James Bond theme music, do, do, do, doo – do, do, doo – do, doo – do, do, doo…
- On your break, have a bag of Cheetos, then parade around the office with your cheese-fingers proclaiming, “I am Goldfinger!”
- If anyone says anything to you regarding expectations, sternly reply, “I expect you to die!” (Again, use extreme caution – and see the MI6 HR note above.)
- At the end of the day, reward yourself for being such an amazing secret-agent by hitting your local Happy Hour for a refreshing Martini (shaken-not-stirred!)
Who is your favorite Bond actor? Who is your favorite Bond-Girl? What is your fondest Bond moment? Use the comments section below to let us know how you plan to celebrate James Bond Day. Have fun and be careful out there.
More Bond on Nerdvana:
Listen to Adele’s Bond theme for Skyfall