New Scottsdale luxury theater celebrates opening with free movies
We’ve been hearing a lot about UltraLuxe, a new luxury theater opening Friday in Scottsdale.
Now you’ll have a chance to check it out for yourself, because UltraStar Cinemas are throwing the doors open to the public for a free sneak preview featuring some of the year’s biggest blockbusters.
Located in the Pavilions Shopping Center near the Loop 101 and Indian Bend Road, just behind the new Diamondbacks Spring Training Facility in Scottsdale, the UltraLuxe Scottsdale multiplex will feature 11 auditoriums showcasing state-of-the-art Pure Digital Cinema, which the company describes as the crispest motion picture technology available. Each house will have stadium or luxury VIP seating in deluxe high-back reclining chairs. The theater will also include special D-BOX enhanced motion chair technology.
There will also be five “star class” auditoriums, which will include seating reserved for guests 21 and older, special VIP viewing rooms with extra large leather chairs, and in-seat food and beverage ordering. Menu items include specialty flavored popcorns, hummus, pizza and a selection of panini sandwiches. Specialty coffees, Italian sodas, beer and wine, and desserts will also be available in the Café and star class auditoriums.
Ticket prices appear to be on the reasonable side for this day and age — $7.50 for an adult matinee, $9.75 for an adult evening ticket, $7 for seniors and ages 12 and under all day, $8.75 for students and military with I.D., and $5.50 for “early bird” tickets to the first matinee showing of each movie. It’s when you want to see a show in 3-D or sit in the D-BOX seats or star class auditoriums that premiums of $2 to $8 get added to each ticket price. Menu prices weren’t available when I checked their website.
UltraLuxe will also offer “parent movie mornings,” a weekly opportunity for new parents to attend a movie with their baby — and changing tables in the back of the auditorium, so you don’t miss any part of the film.
Here is the schedule of free movies — admission is first come, first served:
- Toy Story 3 (G): 10:00, 12:15, 2:30
- The Karate Kid (PG): 10:30, 1:30
- The Twilight Saga Eclipse (PG 13): 11:00, 1:45, 4:15
- Iron Man 2 (PG 13) 10:45, 1:15, 3:45
- Grown Ups (PG 13): 10:30, 1:00, 3:30, 7:00
- Date Night (PG 13): 10:00, 12:00, 2:00, 4:00, 6:00, 8:00
- The Expendables: D-BOX Seating Available (R) 3:00, 5:30, 8:30
- Knight & Day (PG): 11:00, 2:00, 5:00, 7:30
- Grown Ups (PG 13) 10:30, 1:00
- Date Night (PG 13) 10:00, 12:00, 2:00
- The Expendables: D-BOX Seating Available (R) 10:30, 12:45, 2:45
- The Kids Are All Right (R): 11:00, 1:30
- Toy Story 3 (G): 10:45, 12:45, 2:45
- Iron Man 2 (PG 13): 10:00, 12:30, 3:15
- The Expendables: D-BOX Seating Available (R) 10:45, 1:00, 3:45, 5:45
- The Kids Are All Right (R): 11;00, 1:30, 4:00, 7:00