Photos: Doctor Who 50th anniversary special at Cinemark Mesa Riverview
The Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special, “The Day of the Doctor,” had been on every Whovian‘s mind for months before it finally aired on Nov. 23, but some hardcore fans held out one extra day and avoided spoilers so that they could see it on the big screen the next day.
We were amongst those who wanted to experience this momentous occasion in 3D and on the big screen, surrounded by fellow fans.
For being a smaller theater there were a lot of them, young and old, lined up to see their favorite Doctors on the big screen at Mesa Riverview’s Cinemark 16. I think all of the screenings ended up selling out by the end of the night, and boy were those tickets worth it!
I can personally say that I melted in my seat as I watched my favorite Doctors in 3-D on that big screen, the story put forth surpassed my expectations, and Steven Moffat pleased audiences with fan service to make us Whovians squeal for joy!
Hit the jump for a photo slideshow.
- Google Doodle celebrates 50 years of Doctor Who
- Video: Watch a clip from ‘The Day of the Doctor’
- Doctor Who Christmas teaser: Silence will fall … (UPDATED with image, episode title)
- 7 must-have items for your Doctor Who 50th anniversary party
- Doctor Who: ‘Night of the Doctor’ minisode brings back [REDACTED] – and it’s about time!
- The day of ‘The Day of the Doctor’ trailers (and it’s about time)
- Nov. 22-24: Days of the Doctor on BBC America
- Fan-tastic 50th anniversary trailer, pic tease Who’s Nov. 23, ‘Day of the Doctor’
- Those recovered Doctor Who episodes are now available on iTunes
- Matt Smith has left the TARDIS: What’s your favorite 11th Doctor moment?
- BBC reveals Doctor Who 50th anniversary title, run time, other big plans
- Peter Capaldi to succeed Matt Smith in Doctor Who