UPDATED: Michael Arndt WILL write Star Wars Episode VII
Vulture is reporting that Toy Story 3 and Little Miss Sunshine screenwriter Michael Arndt is a “leading candidate” to be “at least one of the writers” for Disney-Lucasfilm’s Star Wars Episode VII.
In addition to having several Oscars under his belt for the above mentioned flicks, Arndt has worked on the upcoming Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire as well as a Phineas and Ferb feature film that is in pre-production.
UPDATED: StarWars.com confirms that Arndt will indeed write the screenplay for Episode VII. He has already begun story conferences with Lucasfilm founder George Lucas and president and Star Wars brand manager Kathleen Kennedy.
More about Star Wars Episode VII from Nerdvana:
- Video: More from Lucas, Kennedy on new Star Wars films
- Indie film director, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford linked to Star Wars Episode VII
- Episode VII set 50 years after Episode VI? ‘Think further out,’ insider hints
- Newsarama: What might Disney deal mean for Star Wars comics? [LINK]
- With final sell-out, Lucas redeems himself, frees fans to love Star Wars again
- Video: Lucas, Kennedy discuss new Star Wars movies
- Disney acquiring Lucasfilm for $4 billion, slates Star Wars Episode 7 for 2015