Cinematic posters tease upcoming Doctor Who stories, epic season finale
I don’t know about you, but I love the recent Doctor Who tradition of teasing upcoming episodes with cinematic-style posters. Well, here at last are the promotional images for the rest of the season, leading up to the season finale, “The Name of the Doctor,” which promises (threatens?) that the Time Lord’s greatest secret will at last be revealed.
But first: “Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS,” Stephen Thompson’s script, takes us deeper into the Doctor’s time-space machine than we’ve been in years.
“The Crimson Horror,” written by Mark Gatiss, brings us Dame Diana Rigg’s first appearance in Doctor Who, along with her daughter Rachael Stirling — the first time the two have appeared on screen together.
Nerd icon Neil Gaiman returns to make the Cybermen terrifying again — we hope — in “Nightmare in Silver.”
And finally, lead producer and writer Steven Moffat brings us the long-promised reveal of “The Name of the Doctor” (maybe — remember, the Doctor lies, and so does Moffat). Alex Kingston returns as the incomparable River Song!
Which one are you looking forward to the most?
- Doctor Who: Hide — It’s ghost time!
- Mothers, lock up your … everythings! John Barrowman is coming to Phoenix Comicon
- Margaret Thatcher the sci-fi villainess? Meet the Iron Lady’s tart Doctor Who doppelganger
- BBC America’s Fourth Doctor special to visit ‘Pyramids of Mars’
- Long-ago foe returning for Doctor Who’s 50th anniversary fete
- Photos: A Doctor Who 50th anniversary reunion, after all (UPDATED)